Wireless Problems

Christopher Rosado chris at mgmnet.com
Fri May 27 10:54:55 MDT 2005

Hi-

I've attempted to get my Netgear WG511 version 1.0 and have had no
luck (http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_4.0/netgear-
wg511.shtml). The prism driver seems to only show up when I create a
wired connection, not a wireless. Logged in as root, placed the
firmware for the WG511 where it should be, modprobe.conf has been
changed accordingly. I'm using a 1.25GHz Powerbook. Oddly enough, I
was toying w/ the dual head settings and had to do a text login.
shortly after I logged into my shell, I noticed a green light
eliminated on my NetGear card (never lit before this, hasn't  since).
This is driving me mad. Any suggestions?

Also- I can't seem to delete any network connections  that I create.
After I delete and save, all of my network connections re-appear when
I relaunch the network control panel. With the difficulties I'm
having with my netgear card, this list is getting very long.

Any help is appreciated.

--Christopher