Cron tab entries with 00 in front of them

Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. joseph_sacco at comcast.net
Sun May 29 17:35:41 MDT 2005

/etc/cron contains:

	02 4 * * * root run-parts /etc/cron.daily

which says  "run as root"

	run-parts /etc/cron.daily

at 4:02AM

"run-parts" refers to the script

	/usr/bin/run-parts

An examination of the script shows that the directory entries are
considered in alpha-numeric order. Namesprefaced with "00" [zero zero]
appear first in the list as can be seen by simply running

	ls -l /etc/cron.daily

The run-parts script will ignore scripts ending with

	(.rpmsave | .rpmorig | .rpmnew | .swp | ,v)

As to your second question... You may find both the man page for
webalizer and the contents /etc/webalizer.conf instructive.

-Joseph

On Sun, 2005-05-29 at 18:48 -0400, Eric Dunbar wrote:
> Hello all, I've just re-installed webalizer into my system (to analyse
> my httpd logs). In the crontab entries there's an entry for
> /etc/cron.daily/00webalizer
>
> Does the 00 mean that this entry is disabled?
>
> Also, anyone have a clue as to how to get webalizer to retroactively
> analyse logs that have been /etc/cron.daily/logrotat ed?
>
> Eric.
joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net