[ydl-gen] Install without CDs?

Robert Story rstory-l at revelstone.com
Tue Nov 1 07:44:50 MST 2005

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 12:32:44 -0500 Jim wrote:
JH> Is it possible to install YDL 4.0.1 from the Mac OS X partition or from
JH> a FireWire drive or via ftp? I have the 4 ISO images downloaded. My CD
JH> burner is broken.

Do you have an existing YDL install? If so, you can copy some files over from
the isos and boot into the install program directly.

If not, you'll need to burn at least the 1st CD. You can install the rest from
ftp, assuming you have access to another linux box where you can mount the iso
and create a directory with symlinks to the RPMS on the mounted isos.

Once you've got the iso images on a linux system (the ftp server), here is a
script to create the directory structure you'll need to install from:

   http://www.futz.org/tech/index.php/AnacondaNetInstallViaImages