[ydl-gen] how to disable power management - "Always On" mode?

Anthony Lanni anthony.lanni at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 21:05:42 MST 2005

Jonathan, check your APM or ACPI settings. You can quickly check which one
you're using by
looking in /proc; one or the other (usually not both) will be there. Both
are easily googled, as well.
My yellowdog box defaulted to APM; that's not really a problem, since it's a
laptop anyway, but I
suggest upgrading to ACPI for support and configurability.

Also check the Advanced tab in the Screensaver control panel. You may be
able to ignore my
previous paragraph completely.

And Derick, if I may offer a bit of advice; please read people's questions
more carefully in order
to provide a useful solution set. The original post - which you thoughtfully
included
in your first reply - makes it clear that the machine just went to sleep,
not just once but twice.

On Oct 5, 2005, at 2:05 PM, sa at claborn.net wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to set up YDL 4.0.1 as a server and this morning when I
> came back to work, I found that the OS was asleep - I couldn't ping or
connect
> to any services.
>
> Does anyone know how to completely disable anything that would put the
> computer to sleep?

"The Code of the Knighthood is not idle suggestion; it is law
for all those who wear the sign of the Blade, Rose and Tome.
A Knight is Honest; Loyal; Helpful; Friendly; Courteous; Kindly;
Obedient; Cheerful; Thrifty; Brave; Clean; and Respectful.
Heed the 12 Laws in every word and deed."
-Faentur, Knights Humanitas