[ydl-gen] Strange Monitor Behaviour

Rob Hines Jr. rhines at sdf-eu.org
Thu Nov 17 15:00:13 MST 2005

I've installed YDL4 on a 15" Lampshade iMac, and in general, I like it.
One problem, however, is plaquing me.

Whether logged in, or not, after several minutes of inactivity, the screen
appears to go into powersave, and turns all red. If logged in, the screen
saver comes on, then a few minutes later, all red. It stays this way til I
hit a key on the keyboard, or move the mouse, at which point it goes back
to the login screen, or screensaver and prompts me to enter the password.

I've tried disabling apmd, and every other function that I can find that
would cause the monitor to go to sleep, but nothing is helping.

I just want to find a way to keep the screen from going to sleep, or if it
must go to sleep, it goes black rather than red.

Thoughts?

--
Rob

----
Rob Hines Jr.
Systems Administrator

----
"Learn to handle requests that ultimately
will be turned down without the customer
feeling as though they have been told no."
 		- my immediate supervisor
----

SDF-EU Public Access UNIX System - http://sdf-eu.org