[ydl-gen] HFS+ mount is read only -- how to make RW? (YDL 4.0.1)

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 08:07:41 MST 2005

Hello, I have an HFS+ partition that I always mount on boot. It has
now become read-only and I would like to be able to write to it as
well.

Until recently I was able to use it to store files on this partition.
Now it's become read-only (after a power failure, I suspect).

This happened once to me under YDL 3.0.1 when I caused YDL 3 to kernel
panic using df (or was that du) on the HFS+ partition (solution:
reformat the partition in OS X).

That problem with du (or df) was fixed in YDL 4.

Now, it seems that somehow my HFS+ partition has been "damaged" again,
and I can't write to it even though mount says it's rw:

/dev/hdc8 on / type ext3 (rw)
none on /proc type proc (rw)
none on /sys type sysfs (rw)
none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=5,mode=620)
none on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
/dev/hdc10 on /home type ext3 (rw)
/dev/hdc7 on /mnt/macosx type hfsplus (rw)

Does anyone know what the problem is and/or how to fix it (i.e. make
it read-write again)?

Eric.