[ydl-gen] G3 iBook not Awakening

Brian Wood beww at bresnan.net
Sat Oct 1 22:23:53 MDT 2005

Much thanks Andres, you are quite correct.

You can actually use the graphical login, just logout before
sleeping. Waiting for KDE to come up every time is a pain, but I
suppose it is a lot better than waiting for a complete boot.

I also like KDE better than the other options. Since it is apparently
YDL's default GUI I would assume just about everyone running YDL on
an iBook is having this problem, I'm not sure if it affects
Powerbooks as well but I would guess it does.

Doesn't Terrasoft sell iBooks with YDL pre-installed? Are they having
this problem?

If you can run Gnome or CDE without this problem, I would assume
there is something tweakable in KDE that might correct this
"feature". I'll experiment and see what I can come up with but in the
meantime if anyone has figured this out, or is running KDE on an
iBook without this problem, I'd like to hear about it.

Thanks again for pointing me in a useful direction.