[ydl-gen] Yellow Dog compatible Ethernet NIC 10/100

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 18:07:13 MDT 2005

Hello all,

I would like to upgrade my Beige G3 server's ethernet to 10/100 (I
added a Mac mini to the network and, since it's wired (unlike the
802.11b laptops ;-) I may as well use the server at 100 BaseT).

Has anyone come across a list of NIC with chipsets that are compatible
or are _incompatible_ with YDL? Or, is anyone using a particular brand
of NIC that works with YDL?

e.g something like:
D-LINK DFE-530TX+ PCI 10/100
D-LINK DFE-538TX PCI 10/100 PC/MAC
LINKSYS LNE100TX PCI 10/100

I do not care whether or not the NIC is compatible with Mac OS 9 or X.

Thanks, Eric.