[ydl-gen] Re: yellowdog-general Digest, Vol 13, Issue 18

Larry Miller ldmiller at rcn.com
Thu Sep 15 23:44:16 MDT 2005

On Sep 15, 2005, at 11:00 AM, yellowdog-general-
request at lists.terrasoftsolutions.com wrote:

> Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 08:08:42 -0700
> From: Anthony Lanni <anthony.lanni at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [ydl-gen] KDevelop crashes etc etc
> To: Yellow Dog Linux General Discussion List
>     <yellowdog-general at lists.terrasoftsolutions.com>
>
>  I'm not sure about the other stuff, but you can edit /etc/
> sysconfig/desktop
> to read
> DESKTOP="GNOME"
> and that should default you to the gnome environment.

Thanks!

I know everything is just setting parameters in text files, but
finding out which one is a bear.

Every flavor of Linux or UNIX or OS X seems to have its own flavor of
boot-up.

This was a real nugget! I see other settings here.

My network connection (via Airport) now persists. I set something
that makes it happen-- no idea what... But it is also set in etc/
sysconfig/networking/profiles/default!

On KDE my home folder icon comes and goes... strange OS...

Larry