[ydl-gen] Airport Networking

woodsend woodsend at bigpond.net.au
Sat Sep 24 18:57:16 MDT 2005

Hi all.

I have an old TiBook (667MHz/30GB/512MB) with an airport card that I have
just gone through the process of partitioning and reinstalling OSes so that
it has MacOSX, MacOS9, and YDL (4.0.1 downloaded) on it - about 10GB each.

I have an origianl base station (11MBPS) which works under OS X, and OS 9
[on this machine and others]. I have the network name and the numeric
equivalent password key. The installation of YDL detects the card as an
ethernet device. I have tried entering the airport information during
installation [it becomes device eth0 = ethernet device] and afterwards - as
an overlay (eth0:1 = wireless device) or replacing the original device [eth0
= wireless device] but the best I can get when I restart the network is

<not exact text>
Error with Set Mode (8B06), and
Error with Set Frequency (8B04)

resulting in failure to get teh network device activated.

I tried doing the modprobe procedure described in a how-to but that didn't
make any difference.

I have no trouble using the built-in ethernet hardware for networking, but
I'd like to do it without wires.

Anyone with some ideas?

cheers
Jonathan Pratt