[ydl-gen] YDL 4.1 Questions

Kai Staats kstaats at terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 4 13:46:59 MDT 2006

> ATI Radeon 7500.

> 1)  Sleep does not seem to work properly.

The lack of sleep may be (worse case) a lack of support for that model, or Did
you rework your CPU or sleep settings in the Control Center?

> When I shutdown or restart YDL, no shutdown messages are
> displayed to the screen.

This is likely because you are set to a run-level of 5 which invokes a limited
set of messages in favor of a cleaner presentation. During startup, you will
note a min # of messages and direct movement into a graphical log in.

If you edit /etc/inittab and change the run level from 5 to 3 and then reboot,
you will gain full messages and a command line log-in (which I prefer).
Simply enter 'startx' once logged in.

kai