[ydl-gen] sleep / standby -- addenda

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Thu Apr 13 01:10:54 MDT 2006

In Gnome you'll find the Screensaver under the System Preferences menu.
  Although you'll notice that there are no images or screensavers
actually available you can set the time when the screen will go black.
It goes black because the screensavers themselves are not placed where
the interface expects them to be -- that's a different issue.  Within
KDE look for the Control Panel and select Screensaver or you can enter
within the search area Screensaver and select which screensaver you
would prefer as well as within what time that screensaver is to be
activated.

If you prefer Gnome to KDE, the fact that it goes black right now won't
disturb you compared to what you can get out of it.

For details regarding the sleep command itself, do:

$ man sleep

or

$ info sleep

Best wishes....