[ydl-gen] Looking for Video Settings

Artur Jasowicz mac_it_man at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 28 10:43:48 MDT 2006

> Did you find correct settings? I need them too. My clamshell locks up
> when I try to boot X under 4.1. It worked fine under 3.0. I copied
> settings from 3.0 backup but still no go. Machine freezes and I have
> to hard reboot it after I try to startx.
>
> Artur

Well, a bit more googling and I've found the answer:
Boot into command line (e.g. linux 2 at the boot prompt)
Backup your /etc/X11/xorg.conf if you have any custom settings you
want to keep, then execute:

cd /usr/X11/bin
./Xautoconfig
init 5

This worked for me. Here's original discussion where I found the answer:
http://www.yellowdog-board.com/viewtopic.php?t=885&view=next&sid=f0e6fc6251b008d6ab8b024e1601e3db