[ydl-gen] backup solution

Nick Jones nicholas-jones at uiowa.edu
Wed Aug 2 12:06:50 MDT 2006

Does a backup solution exist for Yellow Dog that is reliable.  Please
don't mention BRU (unreliable), Atempo (not supported), Netvault (not
supported), or other non-supported backup solutions.

I've heard backula is good, but it is open source and for guaranteed
disaster recovery I just find it hard to put faith in it (the motto is
"it comes by night and sucks the vital essence from your computers",
ummm doesn't sound too safe :)  Joking aside,  anybody with good
experiences with recovering a backup when your RAID goes or something?

I'm guessing most people running YDL run their backups from a separate
dedicated box with a more common os/architecture (x86 with Linux or
Windows).

Thanks

Nick

--