[ydl-gen] Dual monitors -- difficult second monitor

Dirk Griffin ddgryphon at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 4 13:42:59 MDT 2006

Sort of a two or three fold question here:

1. I have an Hitachi cm751U monitor (which is a Sun
monitor in disguise?) the CM751 driver doesn't work
and I've now installed three times.

I have an ATI 9800 dual head card which works fine
pumping out the video, and the dell monitor picks up
fine, but for some reason, the Hitachi is an obstinate
beast.

Finally, now that I've successfully screwed the video
up, is there a way I can boot just into a prompt? If
there is, what do I vi to fix it (appropriate info for
that would be appreciated).

Thanks.