[ydl-gen] installed YDL 4.1 over 3.0.1; rpm and yum broken: undefined symbols?

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 17:34:32 MDT 2006

On 25/08/06, Michael Evans <mevans at ltrr.arizona.edu> wrote:
> Apologies if this question has been answered already; I couldn't find
> anything relevant on the archives.  Yum and rpm are complaining about
> undefined symbols within libraries.
>
> I just installed YDL 4.1 from CDs (sagitta release) to a Quicksilver
> (2002) dual 1GHz G4 tower which was happily running 3.0.1.  At
> installation I chose not to reformat drives; and to install selinux and
> firewall with ssh port open; to install everything as I had done with
> 3.0.1 long ago.  The install (more install.log | grep "error") did not
> report any problems, and display, X, smp, networking, sound, etc appear
> fine.  I have /etc/yum.conf pointing to 4.1 repositories at
> ydl.osuosl.org, but I can't get yum or rpm to run out of the box.
>
> Here are the error messages:
>
> [root at zero ~]# yum update
> There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
> required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:
>
>    /lib/libssl.so.5: undefined symbol: krb5_cc_get_principal
>
> Please install a package which provides this module, or
> verify that the module is installed correctly.

A quick search in Google turns up some posts (yes, I have important
stuff to do so I'm procrastinating ;-). Check out the results returned
by Google:
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&client=safari&rls=en-us&q=undefined+symbol%3A+krb5_cc_get_principal&btnG=Search>

PS The first link suggests something about kerberos