[ydl-gen] Running YDL5 on 480i

Jonathan Bartlett jonathan at newmedio.com
Fri Dec 1 19:43:16 MST 2006

Is it possible to run X on a 480i screen on YDL 5?  I've been trying,
and it keeps failing to either configure or run.

The big problem appears to be ddcprobe, which isn't getting the right
values.

On about line 37, it seems to be probing for the video card.  In my
case, it is returning what seems to be ALL of the peripherals, not just
the video card.  Therefore, it boinks out, because the video card is
actually index 2, not index 0 like it expects.

Even after I hardcode it to use video[2] instead of video[0], it still
errors out when it tries to probe the monitor, because it cannot find
it.  I checked, and there simply does not appear to be an entry for the
monitor in the kudzu.probe output.

Any ideas what to do?  And was YDL 5 ever tested using the analog outputs?

Jon