[ydl-gen] YDL and space on a PS3 HDD

Gary Frederick garyfreder at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 04:39:50 MST 2006

On 11/29/06, Steven H. Rogers <steve at shrogers.com> wrote:
> Data Sheet for Momentus 5400.2 (30-120 GB)
> http://www.seagate.com/cda/products/discsales/personal/family/0,1085,676,00.html
<trim>
I got the 120Gb Seagate Drive (ST9120821AS) My adventure so far...

Get drive
Find that I did not have a little teeny screw driver and get one at
Radio Shack (2mm)
Remove the 20Gb drive and get the really tight screws out
Put the new drive in.
Format and load the other OS (following YDL's instructions)
Realize I do need the ISO on a DVD and burn it...
Load - this was as easy as any of the many Linux installs I have done.

And I now have Linux on my PS3.

I partitioned 10GB for the GameOS and the rest for Linux. It has over
80Gb free after loading the default.

I'll post my impressions in a following email.

Gary