[ydl-gen] No video hardware acceleration on PS3

Brian Wood beww at bresnan.net
Thu Dec 7 10:52:45 MST 2006

On Dec 7, 2006, at 10:36 AM, Kai Staats wrote:

> On Thursday 30 November 2006 07:56, Gary Frederick wrote:
>> I own a PS2 Linux and will have YDL on the PS3 in a few days. I want
>> to use it for a while and see what's there first. We do not have any
>> real info on what we can do now and what we will be able to do when
>> people start working with Linux on the PS3.
>
> We are pressing Sony/Nvidia, but no promises ...

As long as they can sell every machine they make to gamers they would
have little if any motivation to put effort into helping us Linux
folks out. I'm astounded they have gone as far as they have.

Once the game channel starts to get saturated things might change. I
for one can wait 'till there is some sort of hardware/software
package from Terrasoft. I'd much rather support them than Circuit
City or some such.