[ydl-gen] Getting yum working via WebSense proxy

Torrey Jones torreypjones at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 13:39:09 MST 2006

For some reason unknown to me, I can not for the life of me get yum to
work via our corporate proxy (WebSense).  WebSense requires windows
domain\username and password authentication, and runs on port 80...  I
have tried using all combinations of the following shell variables:

http_proxy=http://proxy:80
http_proxy="http://domain\username@proxy:80"
proxy=http://proxy:80
proxy="http://domain\username@proxy:80"
proxy_username="domain\username"
proxy_password="password"

I've tried to set the proxy, proxy_username, and proxy_password
variables in /etc/yum.conf...

The best luck I have is with using the yum.conf variables,  and
setting proxy=http://proxy   (note the missing ":80")...

All other network functionality works...

This is on a fresh Fedora Core 5 install (I didnt go with 6 because I
had the FC5 DVD already sitting on my desk)....

Does anyone have any suggestions on what needs to be done to get this working?

Thanks,