[ydl-gen] Right click - should it work on Enlightenment desktop?

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 11:57:23 MST 2006

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 10:34:16 -0800 (PST) "bayshore2004 at yahoo.com"
<bayshore2004 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> My left mouse button click on the YDL Enlightenment desktop brings up
> the expected menu of configuration, system and apps choices.  Should
> right mouse button click on the desktop bring up a menu as well, as
> in other windows manager systems? Another user is telling me that
> "Create Launcher" should be an option upon  a right mouse button
> click on the desktop, and I am getting no menu upon a right click.
> Is this controlled somewhere? Related question: where is "create
> launcher"?, I want to create an icon that launches a script that
> reboots the PS3 into game os from the desktop.

Under Enlightenment E17 right click normally brings up the Favorites
menu.  This can be disabled at the compile stage, and in YDL it is
disabled.  The IBar can be used to hold you favourite applications
instead.  IBar is the bar with application icons in it.  On a fresh
install it has terminal, firefox, gaim, rhythmbox, various open office
programs, and nautilus.

There already is a menu item to boot the PS3 into Game OS, left click
on the Yellow Dog button, select Applications->Applications->System
Tools->Boot PS3 Game OS (PS3 Game OS).  You can drag'n'drop that menu
item to the IBar.

In E17 "Create launcher" is called "Create an Application".  It is
available from the Applications configuration dialog.  A right click on
the IBar and select "Add Application", the "Create an Application"
button is on the bottom of that dialog.

That other user is probably talking about a different window manager.