[ydl-gen] Remote Desktop YDL PS3 to OSX

Sanders, Rob M. sanders-rob at zai.com
Fri Dec 22 08:33:59 MST 2006

Jon,
    I was wanting to do something very similar to what you suggest.
I remember years ago logging in to remote machines from some
'dumb' X-windows terminal machines.  There are some performance
advantages I believe tho by using VNC if you're not on a relatively
hi-speed network.  I've got a 10/100/1000 switch at home in the
computer room, but my 'rest-of-house' network is only 10mbs wired.
No wireless in place.  Also, CotVNC doesn't need X started on the
Mac first.
  I'm going to play with this some more when I can dig up some free
time.....
                                                Rob