[ydl-gen] Mplayer on YDL and PS3

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 21:00:24 MST 2006

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 19:36:29 -0800 (PST) "bayshore2004 at yahoo.com"
<bayshore2004 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is there a specific mplayer build for YDL 5.0 on PS3 and where would
> I find it and a quick guide or command line structure to get it
> installed on PS3.  Many many people are looking for help on this and
> all of the typical PS3 boards have chopped up info.  Many thanks.

First of all, I'm still playing with this, it's not perfect yet.
Secondly, mine is not a typical YDL 5.0 install, so this may not work
for everybody.  This works for me on YDL 5.0 with the latest MPlayer
release (1.0rc1) from the MPlayer web site.  Trying this with the
latest subversion checkout may or may not work better, it worked better
on the day I tried it.  The mp3lib thing looks promising, but caused
too many problems with the released version, so I disabled it.

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/

(This configure command is all on one line, my email program split it
into two lines.)

./configure --enable-gui --enable-largefiles --enable-menu
--enable-dynamic-plugins --disable-mp3lib

make

sudo make install

sudo /sbin/ldconfig

Don't forget to follow their instructions for installing fonts, skins,
and external codecs.