[ydl-gen] Mistakenly deleted e-shelf in ydl 5.0

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 20:25:04 MST 2006

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 00:53:56 +0000 jgeiger462 at comcast.net wrote:

> I mistakenly deleted my e-shelf under my local logon, therefore I
> needed to relogin as root to boot to the PS3 Game OS.  How can I
> readd e-shelf to my local login?

First thing you could try is to move to any virtual desktop except for
the first one by moving the mouse beyond the edge of the screen.  The
first one should have nautilus running on the desktop, and this trick
wont work there.   You can tell when you are on one of the other
desktops because the desktop icons are supplied by Nautilus, so they
should go away.  You should also see the desktop window flash up
briefly.

Once you are on another desktop, a left click on the desktop will bring
up the E17 main window.  Then you can start up the E17 configuration
panel, bring up the shelves configuration dialog, and create a new
shelf.  If you are lucky, then the previous shelf contents will appear
on this new shelf, otherwise you will have to populate it manually in
the usual way.

The other thing to try is copy /etc/skel/.e over the top of your local
logins .e directory.  Then change ownership of all files in your local
logins .e directory to your local login.  Try the first method first
though.