[ydl-gen] MOL and HD spin-down (ieee1394)

Warren Nagourney warren at phys.washington.edu
Fri Dec 29 13:06:32 MST 2006

I have two unrelated questions: thanks in advance for any help in
these areas.

First, will MOL (MacOnLinux)  work on the PS3?  I understand that it
has trouble with NVidia GPUs and the answer is therefore likely to be
"no".  In my migration from OS X to Linux, I have one app which will
never be available on Linux PPC, but it would work fine in a simple
MacOS 9 partition (in fact the OS9 version works much better than the
OS X version).

Second, is there any way to get my firewire HD (my boot drive) to
spin-down during periods on non-use? Currently, it runs continually
whether the computer (a Powerbook G4) is sleeping or not. I looked at
pbbuttonsd.conf and didn't find a relevant parameter, despite one
website claiming that one can specify one called "HDoff".

Thanks.

Warren Nagourney