[ydl-gen] OT: Solar panels/shingles (was: Mac mini vs Powerpc 8600=energy consumption)

Anthony Lanni anthony.lanni at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 13:00:08 MST 2006

That;s awsome.  I wish such a thing were possible where I live (Los Angeles,
CA, USA);
unfortunately, even with the government offering rebates and tax incentives
a 6Kw solar
install on my house will cost me upwards of USD$30,000, and the local power
company
doesn't offer money back if we generate more than we use.  It would take me
25 years
to pay off my install, and the panels are only rated for 20.  :(

On 1/9/06, Norberto Quintanar <nquintanar at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Or again like I wrote earlier, if you're really concerned about
> electricity, install solar shingles.  This isn't a joke.  I'm
> serious.  I installed solar shingles in August and since my September
> bill I have received monthly checks from the power company totalling
> between $5-25$.  If one includes my savings of NOT paying an
> electrial bill which avg. $100/ month before the shingles and the
> checks I receive.  I'll pay off my solar shingle install in 36 mos.
>
> --Norberto Quintanar
>
> "You belong to something bigger. From birth. And your life is spent
> rediscovering the underlying principles, through various players -- coaches,
> mentors, teachers, spouses, kids. It's in your genes. Your responsibility.
> Destiny. Is all on you.  Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
> --Norberto Quintanar

"The Code of the Knighthood is not idle suggestion; it is law
for all those who wear the sign of the Blade, Rose and Tome.
A Knight is Honest; Loyal; Helpful; Friendly; Courteous; Kindly;
Obedient; Cheerful; Thrifty; Brave; Clean; and Respectful.
Heed the 12 Laws in every word and deed."
                                             -Faentur, Knights Humanitas