[ydl-gen] mp3 player

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Thu Feb 2 08:19:35 MST 2006

Hi Rev:
It's great to hear about your success!

Regarding playing mp3 and other music files, you may also be interested
in images matched to the music which is being played.  There are
different open source applications available which do this; however
there are none as flexible or sophisticated as the project known as
xine (http://xinehq.de/).

Check and see if it is already part of your version of YDL; if not,
then use yum to install it for you:

# yum search xine

then if yum finds it:

# yum install xine*

Note: the star following the e tells the computer to install any
additional files associated with xine.

When you finally open xine the selection for gui's are literally
astounding.  However, embedded in the menu is an option called GOOM.
Select to activate that and you'll discover what a xine has many, many
fans.  I'm convinced that GOOM is implemented within Apple's iTune's,
they are just not going to admit it to anyone.

Best wishes...