[ydl-gen] atalk or netatalk

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Sun Feb 19 13:03:22 MST 2006

Hi Rev:
This is just a guess, but the key is the Systems Preferences panel in
OS X.

First, once it is open select which Network you have operational, that
is which kind of network are you actually using.  Then check the pop-up
options (Network Status) according to your selection and check that
your options match the details of your network.  Let's say you select
Built-in Ethernet, then you can see the options under that category
which include TCP/IP, PPPoE, and so on.  I use Airport continuously as
my laptop includes Airport Extreme and my entire home environment is
running on a Netgear wireless router which itself is connected to a DSL
router which has a hardware firewall (for more on Stingray Hardware
Firewall see, http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/accessories/75f3/)
between the incoming DSL line and the wireless router.  If all that
checks out, and ok.  Otherwise, also remember to check cable
connections and connectors, etc.; ready for wireless yet?

Next within System Preferences, select Sharing and select those options
you choose to Share with your Linux box.  Then click upon Firewall and
choose which services you all the Linux box to use on OS X through the
Firewall.  Meanwhile, if you've the hardware firewall I recommended if
you make a mistake here not to worry because your entire system both
the Linux box and the Mac OS X box will be behind the firewall which
cannot be hacked, spooked, spiffed or whatever.

Check Apple's references and Help systems for more details regarding
all these options.

Best wishes ....