[ydl-gen] Help to install YDL 4.01 on the new G5

qynjbj1994 at sbcglobal.net qynjbj1994 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 13 14:22:57 MDT 2006

Hi Peter:

  When you say "Won't work", do you mean you had the similar issue? We have another PowerPC G5 we bought about 3 months ago, and we installed YDL 4.0.1 w/o any issue. The old one has Dual 2.3GHz cpus, and new one is 2GHz. One other important diff is new one has new nVidia chipset.

  Thanks!
  -HB

Peter Seebach <seebs at plethora.net> wrote:
  In message <20060712235750.15391.qmail at web82715.mail.mud.yahoo.com>, "qynjbj199
4 at sbcglobal.net" writes:
> Any idea what is wrong on my G5/YDL4.0.1?

Won't work. Get 4.1.

Last I checked, 4.1 doesn't have a working thermal control driver, and the
machine will go into windtunnel mode; I am running FC5 on mine as a result.

-s
HINT: to Google archives, try ' site:terrasoftsolutions.com'