[ydl-gen] G5 dual, 2.7 GHz 20" Cinema Display

Hal Martin hal.martin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 20:50:25 MDT 2006

Have you tried the computer using other displays? I'm aware that most
Apple products don't seem to agree with Linux -- I've got Ubuntu 6.06
(ancient African for 'can't install debian') on my PowerBook Dual Layer
SD, and I don't have 3D-Acceleration or wireless, making it pretty darn
useless to me. Hence why I have a love-hate relationship with Mac OS X.
I can get into that later, my point is, try using a monitor with a VGA
instead of DVI. Ex. a 17" LCD with 1280x1024. If that doesn't work
either, I'd say try something else. FC5 didn't work well on my laptop (I
had Test 3, no X, no network, no sound) and YDL 4.1 didn't either (X
didn't work well, and I got *really* tired of waiting forever for
terrasoft to decide that wireless was a low priority). Good luck!

Hal Martin