[ydl-gen] YDL 4.1 questions - file sharing & OldWorld support

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 09:29:28 MST 2006

Hello all:

Currently I'm running YDL 4.0.1 as a file and web server on a Beige
G3/266 (Rev B IIRC) OldWorld Mac.

It's in need of a reformat (2 years of gunk + problems with an HFS+
partition that's used to store files through a symbolic link) so I
thought I'd go with 4.1.

Questions:
1. Does the samba file server "work out of the box"? The SMB server
that shipped with 4.0 was broken and required a recompile to fix it.
Presumably this has been fixed in 4.1?

2. Does 4.1 work as flawlessly with a Beige G3 as does 4.0.1? I'd
prefer to stay "as current as possible", but, if I should stick with
4.0.1 I'll do so.

Regardless, I have to reformat the whole drive (current partitioning
scheme is driving me nuts -- I made less than optimal decisions
IMNSHO) and I'd rather start 100% fresh with 4.1 than having to fix
the SMB server problem in 4.0.

Eric.