[ydl-gen] Airport Extreme Problem

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Sun Mar 12 12:16:27 MST 2006

Just my $.02 but could it be that the fellow writing the directions
omitted stating that the reader (following his directions) is to create
the directory on one's own via mkdir?

You did notice his caveat on the second line stating that the drivers
are experimental and could "lead to an unusable system"?

Since your PB is brand spanking new, and still under warranty, why risk
doing anything to it?  In other words. let TSS develop a solution their
way.  And although I'm also interested in the utilization of Airport
Extreme also (I have the earlier model PB -- without the DL drive); it
seems to me that for the time being until TSS comes up with a solution,
a reasonable compromise is to partition the PB drive so that you can
utilize both YDL and OS X shifting from one environment to another
according to what you use each OS for.

The other option, probably unpalatable, is to acquire and use a PCMCIA
card while you are in YDL; a listing of supported devices is listed
here:

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/support/hardware/devices.shtml