[ydl-gen] Uninstall 4.01

Kenneth Browne kbrowne at alumni.umass.edu
Sun Mar 12 17:36:56 MST 2006

Hello,
 I have a G4-400 with  OSX on one disk and  YDL 4.01 on the other. Most
times when booting into either OS there seems to be an exceeding long
delay while the machine tries to sort out the two hard disks. When I
boot into OSX "searching local drives" takes forever although I
eventually get booted and all is OK. The YDL disk does not show up on
the OSX desktop, which makes me think the drive is on the verge of
failure. I say "on the verge" because at times the boot process goes
normally. Other times, when I try to boot YDL the system just hangs at
the Yaboot prompt. (It should boot through to Linux with no intervention
if everything is working.)

Here's my question: If I just want to ditch YDL can I simply set the OSX
disk as my boot disk and remove the offending YDL hard disk, or is there
a Master Boot Record (Ya-bootloader) somewhere on the Mac disk that
needs to be removed?

*****Ken Browne clacking the keys in Olde Sturbridge Village*****