[ydl-gen] Firewire install question

Steven Didier steve.didier at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 13:18:31 MST 2006

I bought the geek edition disk set 4.1 rather than continuing with the
hassle of the downloads. I¹m having problems getting the installer to
recognize my external drive. I have the drive formatted with 2 partitions:
the first one marked free and the second extended using the disk utility on
my system restore disk. I have been through innumerable  partitons on this
drive. Each time I partition it either as a single free space, extended 1 or
2 partitions etc. both my G5 iMac and my TiPower Book recognize the drive
and the extended aprtition. But YDL installer refuses to recognize the
drive. Any ideas cause I¹m fresh out?
Thanks!
--
Steven Didier