[ydl-gen] Firewire install question

Bill Mueller bmueller at terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Mar 18 17:00:27 MST 2006

The partition scheme doesn't seem to be the problem, moreso with

I'm not sure this is the easiest way to check it, but try this:

  - Boot install disk, at yaboot prompt type:
       install mediacheck

  - A bunch of white text on black background should scroll as the
    kernel loads.  Then the screen should turn blue, with a little
    ASCI message box saying something like "Loading OCHI modules" or
    similar.  Then a prompt will appear to test your CD's.

  - Forget the prompt, instead press CTRL+ALT+F3 (might be F4, not
    at my test machine to verify).

  - Look for a Line or lines saying something like "OCHI controller XXX
    found" or "1394 controller unknown" or anything else related to those
    two controllers being probed.

I'm pretty interested in the output.  That'll hold the information
needed to see whats wrong.

-Bill