[ydl-gen] Re: ttmkfdir Crashing on Use/Login

jdesalvo at ydl.net jdesalvo at ydl.net
Tue Mar 21 18:52:52 MST 2006

Owen,

On Mon. Mar 20, Owen Stampflee wrote:

>Interesting, I cant reproduce this here but I cant say I'm doing it
>properly try this for me:

>[owen at beast ~]$ md5sum /usr/bin/ttmkfdir
>3b464c8f278d1d17fc1cb3427522b9e6  /usr/bin/ttmkfdir

Unfortunately, I can't do that as I took Albrecht's advice and
compiled the src rpm from the FC4 repository and installed it over
the original. Thus far, it appears to be working OK, just as Albrecht
said it had for him.

>Also, what directory are you running it from? What arguments, etc?

If memory serves, I was running it from its default location. I don't
recall the arguments but was running it after installing the
MSTTCOREFONTS from Source Forge.

In any case, thanks for the prompt response. If I might, I'd like to
get your help with another problem: I need to figure out why I have
duplicate icons on my GNOME desktop: two home directories, two trash
icons and two others (Start Here and System). I realize that some of
these icons are for KDE or the mixed environment that is YDL's
default, but still...it's annoying to have them appear on the desktop
and ridding them from the desktop amounts to removing them altogether,
which is counterproductive if I later want to boot KDE or the mixed
environment. Suggestions?

Thanks again,

Joe