[ydl-gen] YDL install problem: "Clamshell" iBook SE

Mark Hinton m.hinton at computer.org
Thu Mar 23 20:46:26 MST 2006

Just received YDL this week, and have a problem in installation on my
"ancient" iBook SE (Clamshell design, graphite color, 366 MHz G3). The
install did not recognize the display hardware (probably the old ATI
chipset); resorted to "install-safe" to accomplish the install.

That worked; it installed. But now, the graphic adapter and monitor are
still improperly defined, appear to be attempting to display 640 x 480
very incorrectly - fragmented display, very difficult to read,
impossible to work with (given the GUI environment).

Any suggestions on how I might recover from this enough to get the
configuration set correctly would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark