[ydl-gen] YDL 4.1 on an OldWorld Mac

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 05:32:49 MST 2006

On 27/03/06, Philip holt <psholt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Eric.
>   I tried some six installs of V 4.1 on my ibook G3, and never was to meet
> success. However, with that laptop I was able to get V3.xx to run quite
> nicely ... and it is still up and running.
> - ibook / Clamshell
> - G3
> - 192 RAM
>   Best of luck though - perhaps you will meet success where I was not able
> to.

Well, YDL 4.0.1 works quite nicely on OldWorld machines. There was
even a kernel compiled and made availabe in the repository to support
those of us on OW machines willing to go through the extra effort to
install.

I'm at a point where I really should rebuild my server from scratch
and I'd prefer to do it with YDL 4.1, but, am contemplating moving
over to "that distro that shall not be named" (has an African sounding
name ;-) if I'm going to risk running into massive compatibility
issues.

Eric.