[ydl-gen] YDL 4.1 Questions

Richard Rudolph richrsvcn at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 30 23:06:11 MST 2006

Hi,

I recently downloaded 4.1 from YDL.net Enhanced (the
last version before GA).  The install went smoothly on
my 800mz Powerbook (dual booting with OS X).  However,
I'm hoping to get some clarification on 2 issues I'm
having:

1)  Sleep does not seem to work properly.  If I let
YDL sit for some time without activity, the screen
goes blank but the sleep light never comes on.    At
this point, I can't bring the screen back to life
using either the keyboard or the mouse.  My only
recourse is to power down completely, then power back
up.  At this point, the boot process works,
diagnostics are run, and YDL boots up successfully.

2)  When I shutdown or restart YDL, no shutdown
messages are displayed to the screen.  The screen just
blanks out and the only way I know that YDL has
shutdown is to listen to the noise the Powerbook
makes.

Is there a command I can add to one of the shutdown
scripts to make the shutdown messages appear on the
screen?  Are these issues that exist in the version on
YDL.net but have been fixed for the GA release
available from the store?

Thanks.
Richard