[ydl-gen] YDL on PB17

Kai Staats kstaats at terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Nov 8 00:21:40 MST 2006

On Tuesday 31 October 2006 11:33, Derick Centeno wrote:
> Ah... so... you have a dual consciousness as well as a dual and/or
> multiple skills. That's great!  My enthusiasm doesn't allow me to share your
> vision.

Ok guys, let's slow down a bit here. Yes, YDL v5.0 is exciting. And yes E17 is
pretty cool. But quite frankly, we have been 90% focused on the PS3 and have
not had a chance to return our focus to the Apple hw. While this is happening
now (with the PS3 support done), no one can guarantee an improvement in
anything. Sometimes things stay the same. Sometimes they get worse.

All we can do is give our best effort to support as much hw as is possible.

What excites me, personally, is to have the PS3 rejuvenate the fun in Power,
to bring to market a commodity priced "appliance" that quite frankly just
makes me giggle with enthusiasm. I have been asked by Sony to not disclose
the features, but I can tell you that my Apple 15" pb is taking a backseat on
my desk to a PS3. --kai