[ydl-gen] No video hardware acceleration on PS3

Warren Nagourney warren at phys.washington.edu
Thu Nov 16 17:25:53 MST 2006

My apologies for overstating my objections to the PS3 - it certainly
is not "laughable" that the product is available, even with
(currently) no support for accelerated graphics. The capabilities of
the system are very impressive indeed and, as Bill M. pointed out in
a private email, I can use my existing Powerbook (via the 1000base2
connection) for the graphics and OpenGL part, thanks to the
capabilities of the X window system. I am looking forward to
programming the Cell with the tools made available in the YDL
distribution.

Cheers,

Warren Nagourney