[ydl-gen] So, PS3

Brian Wood beww at bresnan.net
Fri Nov 17 12:47:11 MST 2006

On Nov 17, 2006, at 12:32 PM, Ted Goranson wrote:

> More:
>
> According to this:
>
> <http://playstation.com/ps3-openplatform/faq.html>
>
> changing the hard disk may not be possible.
>
> And according to several sources, of the eight "slave" processors,
> only six are available. One is allowed to be non-functioning to
> improve chip yields and one is assigned to "OS Security" which could
> mean any number of things.

But it is all just so much theoretical discussion if nobody can
actually get their hands on one. The numbers Sony is shipping are
just plain silly. It is PR, not marketing IMHO.

I think they took lessons from ATI on how to publicize incredible
numbers and then never actually ship units in quantities that let
anyone actually buy them.