[ydl-gen] PS3 and YDL for education

Gary Frederick garyfreder at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 07:55:23 MST 2006

Howdy

We are planning on using Linux on a PS3 to teach kids to program. We
have tried various things in the past including Linux on a PS2. I am
looking forward to installing on our PS3 and seeing what we can do.

I hope I can get squeak (current smalltalk that has education support)
up and am planning on teaching some OpenGL on the PS3. I will be sad
if we can not get at the cool stuff on the CELL and other hardware but
am hopeful that the situation will be short lived.

We will be doing something with classes that use turtle graphics
first. My wife runs a robotics competition in Houston in the spring
and we will have a few classes to help the kids. I have this vision of
robots running in a simulator on a HD display. Woo Hoo!!!

Gary

http://www.squeakland.org/
http://www.squeak.org/