[ydl-gen] PS3 Linux

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Wed Oct 18 17:41:31 MDT 2006

Hi Chris:

If a little touch of a tease will satisfy you then take a look here:

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/products/ydl/e17/

and Andres the information here may be useful:

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/products/faq/ps3-general.shtml

Consider that a really intensively powerful computer, the PS3, which has
8 computer cores on each chip and not merely two will be underneath the
really Wonderful Enlightenment or E17 environment.  The progression of
YDL or rather the evolution represented by YDL 5 will be evident on this
machine.  It will be the kind of Wonderful
which is beyond description.  It is great and outstanding enough to dump
other architectures for.  And although I also am waiting for the
"fullness of time" when this beast will be public, I know it will be
worth the wait because of what TSS has accomplished before.  It is a
piece of the power of the Starchild or even HAL of 2001 fame -- brought
just a wee bit closer to all of us.  This power together with YDL which
itself doesn't get bloated or bogged down but just manages to get
better, faster and more efficient with each release -- shines again --
restoring true power into the hands of everyone without apologies to
anyone.

It is a leap so huge that it is almost as though each person was given a
Starship to explore the galaxy as far and as deep as one pleases.  This
is better than even that because the design allows persons of all ages
and skill levels access so that each may achieve their best and explore
their deepest questions.  The tool which empowers truly is the tool
which explores the depths of any and all topics which any one mind may
choose to delve into.  The PS3 with YDL 5 are such tools.

I'm sure the talent exists within these lists to exploit each aspect of
that capacity.  I know, because I've met a few here.

It's going to be very exciting to find out what this community does with
this unprecedented capacity available for work/research/learning and play.

In anticipation, Derick.