[ydl-gen] CDROM question

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Sat Oct 21 13:31:11 MDT 2006

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 02:44:40 -0500
Brian  Heibert <bheibert at verizon.net> wrote:

> Hi, I am new to the list
>
> A couple of questions
>
> How can I get my iMac's CD tray to open so I can put a cd in it
> in Yellow Dog Linux 4.1
>
> when I try clicking on the CD/DVD-ROM icon in the desktop
> I get this message:
>
> Could not mount device.
> The reported error was:
>
> mount: can't find /mnt/cdrom in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab
>
> I assume it's because there is no CD in the drive
>
> The iMac's eject key on the keyboard doesn't do anything it appears in
> Linux
>
> Brian

Hi Brian:

If one desktop environment doesn't work say KDE, then try Gnome.
Keep in mind that YDL 5 is the latest version of YDL and has lots of new stuff.

If none of the multimedia stuff works try downloading and installing xine.  Yum should be able to
find and install it for you.  Information regarding using yum is here:

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/support/solutions/ydl_general/yum.shtml

Good Luck....

====
The Lakota Sioux have a saying:  Mitakuye Oyasin.
Translation: We are all related.