[ydl-gen] off-topic: ydl-like distribution for x86_64?

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Thu Sep 7 20:40:21 MDT 2006

Hi Nathan:
In the old days, before Fedora, I would have pointed to Red Hat.
However, a lot of people who participate on this list like Ubuntu (or
something like that) but that distribution is essentially based on
Debian.  If I were not dedicated to the PowerPC architecture; I probably
would choose Debian.

The real issue is do you need or prefer a commercial or non-commercial
Linux.  If you are going to look as Suse, you may just as well choose
Red Hat instead, as Red Hat is closer to YDL than Suse is, in my opinion.

Good Luck....