[ydl-gen] yellowdog-general Digest, Vol 25, Issue 8

Nick S-A nova at macintoshclub.com
Sun Sep 10 12:52:15 MDT 2006

> Hello Kai,
>
>    KS> YDL v5.0 is just around the corner ... it is going to knock
> your
>> socks off :)
>
> Is it going to ship with "cu"?  ;-)
>
> Be sure to tell it not to try colour depths >16 bits on an original
> iBook G3.

Speaking of iBook G3s, I would switch back to YDL if it had built in
support for Hardware-Accelerated 3D on those iBooks (Specifically,
the single USB 300 Mhz orange ones without Firewire that have ATI
Rage Mobility/L). I know that the performance is not very good, but I
am not playing games on it (just using Blender and the like), so it
just needs a few more FPS to be usable. I attempted to install the
kernel modules and DRI/DRM/X11R7/Mesa3D stuff from source, but the
6GB internal HD didn't have enough space so I couldn't finish the
install, not to mention taking upwards of 2 days of straight
crunching to complete.