[ydl-gen] cd crashing, additional info

Bill Fink billfink at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 4 01:12:44 MDT 2007

On Tue, 03 Apr 2007, robert nuzum wrote:

> To supplement the previous inquiry the line in fstab pertaining to the
> cd rom drive is /dev/hdc                /media/cdrecorder       auto
> pamconsole,exec,noauto,$
> Thanks, Bob

Hi Bob,

FWIW, here's my /dev/cdrom entry in /etc/fstab:

/dev/cdrom              /cdrom                  auto      noauto,ro,user  0  0

I use /cdrom as a mount point instead of /media/cdrecorder (although
KDE probably assumes /media/cdrecorder as the expected mount point).
On my system, /dev/cdrom is a symbolic link to /dev/hdc.

See "man fstab" and "man mount" for more details.

						-Hope this helps

						-Bill