[ydl-gen] cd/dvd player

Bill Mueller bmueller at terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 4 18:14:15 MDT 2007

> Alas , another problem. Evolution mail is crashing when I try to send
> mail. I am using thunderbird and it seems to be ok. I have sent a bug report.

Hrm... this in addition to your other problems may be more of a
something corrupting.  Keep playing with it, see if you can keep it
repeatable.

> When I try this  mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom I get this:
> mount: you must specify the filesystem type.
> The error message in /log/messages is : error-hdc-command error
> status-0x50
> drive ready seek complete error.

This is saying linux can't get data from your cd drive.  Could be a
kernel problem, could be that the drive or cable is going bad.

When you installed YDL, did you run a media check or have any
warnings/errors during the install phase?

-Bill