[ydl-gen] freeglut problem on YDL5/PS3

Amos Tibaldi amos.tibaldi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 00:40:13 MDT 2007

Hello,
   the fact is that I cannot find in the api specification where to force
direct rendering:

(
http://www.opengl.org/documentation/specs/glut/spec3/node12.html#SECTION00033000000000000000
)
 2.3 glutInitDisplayMode

  glutInitDisplayMode sets the *initial display mode*.

*Usage*

void glutInitDisplayMode(unsigned int mode);

 mode Display mode, normally the bitwise *OR*-ing of GLUT display mode bit
masks. See values below:

 GLUT_RGBA Bit mask to select an RGBA mode window. This is the default if
neither GLUT_RGBA nor GLUT_INDEX are specified. GLUT_RGB An alias for
GLUT_RGBA. GLUT_INDEX Bit mask to select a color index mode window. This
overrides GLUT_RGBA if it is also specified. GLUT_SINGLE Bit mask to select
a single buffered window. This is the default if neither GLUT_DOUBLE or
GLUT_SINGLE are specified. GLUT_DOUBLE Bit mask to select a double buffered
window. This overrides GLUT_SINGLE if it is also specified. GLUT_ACCUM Bit
mask to select a window with an accumulation buffer. GLUT_ALPHA Bit mask to
select a window with an alpha component to the color buffer(s). GLUT_DEPTH Bit
mask to select a window with a depth buffer. GLUT_STENCIL Bit mask to select
a window with a stencil buffer. GLUT_MULTISAMPLE Bit mask to select a window
with multisampling support. If multisampling is not available, a
non-multisampling window will automatically be chosen. Note: both the OpenGL
client-side and server-side implementations must support the
GLX_SAMPLE_SGISextension for multisampling to be available.
GLUT_STEREO Bit mask to select a stereo window. GLUT_LUMINANCE Bit mask to
select a window with a ``luminance'' color model. This model provides the
functionality of OpenGL's RGBA color model, but the green and blue
components are not maintained in the frame buffer. Instead each pixel's red
component is converted to an index between zero and
glutGet(GLUT_WINDOW_COLORMAP_SIZE)-1 and looked up in a per-window color map
to determine the color of pixels within the window. The initial colormap of
GLUT_LUMINANCE windows is initialized to be a linear gray ramp, but can be
modified with GLUT's colormap routines.

2007/4/4, Jonathan Bartlett <jonathan at newmedio.com>:

> Amos Tibaldi wrote:
>
> Hello,
>    I have installed YDL5 on the PlayStation3 and I have compiled a program
> that uses freeglut and mesa that should display some windows with images.
> Unfortunately at the console there is an error saying:
> freeglut: unable to create direct context rendering for window '...
>
> I have succesfully executed glxgears and it works fine;
> what could I do to find out what the problem is?
>
> I haven't used GLUT in a long time, but my guess is that you've requested
> hardware rendering, while the PS3 only has software rendering.
>
> Jon
> --

Amos Tibaldi